10 Best CPU Temperature Monitor Tools for Windows
As many computer parts like motherboard, hard disk, etc., are contained in the processor, there is a higher chance for heat to damage these components. Therefore, there is a need to monitor the temperature of the processor. For that, the help of CPU temperature monitor tools come into use. Computer system sensors like temperature, voltage, and fan speed are checked by these applications. Hence precise information regarding these sensors is easily detected, and it is very easy to detect problems using this data.
The following list contains the best CPU temperature monitor tools. The list contains both freely accessible and commercial CPU temperature monitor software.
- HW Monitor
HW Monitor is used in both Android and Windows systems. It works by using the TCP/IP connection to monitor PC or mobile. There are many perks in using this tool that includes a firewall that can detect non declared port access. It supports the most common sensor chips, most Winbond ICs, etc. HW monitor reads temperatures of video card GPU and hard drives. It uses S.M.A.R.T to read the hard drive temperatures.
HW Pro, the latest version of the HW Monitor provides additional features. Its interface is also improved.
- Remote monitoring, which helps to watch the sensors of several PCs or Android devices through TCP/IP connection which are very simple.
- A graph generator in which you can add monitoring data and generate logging graphs that can be created as bitmap files.
- CPU utilization and bandwidth can be checked using this tool.
- Improved interface with editable sensor labels.
- AIDA64 Extreme
AIDA64 Extreme could run on Windows, iOS, and Android platforms. If you want detailed information, the latest version of AIDA64 Extreme provides it on display. Formats like CSV (Comma Separated Values), HTML, and XML are used to save the information given by this software. It works with most IT assets as it supports over 250 different types of sensors.
- A custom panel that monitors data and other information are built in a SensorPanel which makes the user interface simple.
- External display support is extremely important for enterprise users as it can view hardware data on over 50 external LCD/VFD screens, including smartphones and tablets.
- You can see all the information that you need as it is made sure by the display support.
- It is available for all 32-bit and 64-bit versions of windows.
- AIDIA64 Extreme is useful for home users as it is a low maintenance temperature monitor.
- Information regarding installed programs and software licenses are provided in more than 50 pages.
- No need to open the internals as the tool provides the details of computer internals directly.
- System RAM bandwidth is analyzed using multi-threaded memory and cache.
- ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager has CPU and memory monitoring capabilities. CPU temperature, fan speed, memory utilization, and clock speed are monitored using this tool. If your device isn't supported, the tool enables you to create a custom SNMP monitor with a device object identifier.
- It is easy to monitor the hardware temperature and other hardware metrics.
- Reports can be created once you finished monitoring, and could be sent to your team.
- The alert system notifies you regarding high levels of the CPU temperature.
Rainmeter monitors core temperatures, CPU, disk usage, and RAM. Customizable skins are used for a unique type of monitoring.
- A wide variety of skins are available that customize the layout.
- Monitoring skins can be made by the user by using starter packs or installing a plugin.
- It is a customizable tool that is available to non-technical users.
- A custom monitoring panel can be used for better visibility.
HWiNFO is a temperature monitoring software for Windows and a real-time system. Information whether a detailed or quick overview is provided by this software.
- Easy to use and read.
- Customizable alerts to notify overheating and performance degradation.
- Specific results can be copied out of this software.
- Open Hardware Monitor
Open Hardware Monitor which is an open-source (free) software, helps to monitor CPU temperature, fan, and clock speed voltage of a PC. This software can be deployed in a range of environments.
- Hard drive temperature is displayed in this software.
- No need for installation.
- A low cost, open-source platform for those people in much need of such services.
- Open Hardware Monitor can be used in Windows XP, Linux, Vista, 7,8,8.1, and 10.
- It is used in 32-bits and 46-bits Windows operating systems.
- Monitored values can be quickly viewed from the main window, customizable desktop, or in the system tray.
Speccy runs on Windows operating system. The type and amount of RAM in a computer system can be identified and analyzed using this software. Detailed information about the hardware can be known using Speccy.
- A quick summary of any kind of hardware installed in the system can be obtained using this software.
- Speccy gets updated automatically.
- The real-time temperature of the CPU is displayed by this tool.
- Results can be saved as a snapshot, text file, or XML.
SpeedFan monitors temperatures, fan speed, voltage, and hard disk temperatures. S. M. A. R. T data from the hard disk can be displayed in this software.
- You can choose a minimum and maximum fan speed to suit the system temperatures.
- FSB (Frontside Bus) can be changed in some hardware.
- The user interface is easy to use.
- The advanced page is available to deal with complex configurations and to offset inaccurate temperature readings, and control fan speed.
- Core temp
Core temp is a simple tool yet it supports all manufacturers like AMD, intel processors, and VIA processors in real-time.
- The user can add additional capabilities as there are multiple add-ons available on core temp.
- Core temp monitor app helps monitor Windows and Android phones.
- High-level customization is enabled.
- Real Temp
Real Temp is specially created for all intelligence processors. Each core of the CPU is individually adjusted by this software.
- Fluke 62 IR Thermometer is used to gather temperature data.
- Very easy to keep track of the minimum and maximum temperatures.
- The programs are very quick, accurate, and repeatable.
- It is not required to modify the registry or install this software.